The Renaissance gate replaced a previous one that was Muslim. On its tympanum is an imperial coat of arms topped by three pomegranates after which the gate is named.
The Gate of the Wagons is not originally from the Nasrid period, it was carried out later, between 1526 and 1536.
This sculpture is dedicated to the figure of the famous New York writer Washington Irving (1783-1859) to commemorate the 150th anniversary of his death.
This is popularly known as the gate of Bibrrambla, Bab al-Ramla in Arabic or gate of Arenal, (sand) names that it adopted according to the place where it was originally located.
Located beside the Gate of Justice, its structure symbolizes the three rivers of Granada.
Also known as the Bride’s Palace or the Newlywed’s Palace.
Also known as Santa Elena’s Castle, it was built to guard and protect an area of the Generalife where water is channelled.
The Crimson Towers, a primitive structure, was probably part of a series of watchtowers that at one time belonged to the first Citadel of the Alhambra
The Catalans’ Villa is located in the southeast, adjacent to the Alhambra Wood, also known as the Split Rock.
he Rodriguez-Acosta Foundation was created in 1941, thanks to the benefaction of the painter Jose Maria Rodriguez-Acosta..
On the other side of the Gate of the Pomegranates is the Alhambra wood, with a road and two side trails.
In addition to being a natural reserve and a rustic area, the park has sporting facilities, hiking paths and places of archaeological interest.
The Alhambra complex is a venue for the activities of a number of cultural associations.
Around 1536 the solemn Alhambra Gate of the Pomegranates was built. It was the work of Pedro Machuca, the architect responsible for the Palace of Charles V, which like the gate, was made of bolstered cut stone bonding.
The tympanum has an Imperial coat of arms, with allegorical figures of Peace and Abundance, topped by three pomegranates after which the gate is named.
The Renaissance gate replaced an earlier one that was Muslim, the remains of which can be seen on the right. Behind the gate is the Alhambra Wood, with a road and two side trails; the one on the right leads to the Crimson Towers, the Manuel de Falla Auditorium, and the Martyrs’ Walled Villa; the trail on the left, once known as “The Paved Slope”, starts at the marble Cross, dating back to 1641, and leads to the south side of the Alhambra wall, where its various access points are located.