In addition to being a natural reserve and a rustic area, the park has sporting facilities.
The Renaissance gate replaced a previous one that was Muslim. On its tympanum is an imperial coat of arms topped by three pomegranates after which the gate is named.
The Gate of the Wagons is not originally from the Nasrid period, it was carried out later, between 1526 and 1536.
This sculpture is dedicated to the figure of the famous New York writer Washington Irving (1783-1859) to commemorate the 150th anniversary of his death.
This is popularly known as the gate of Bibrrambla, Bab al-Ramla in Arabic or gate of Arenal, (sand) names that it adopted according to the place where it was originally located.
Located beside the Gate of Justice, its structure symbolizes the three rivers of Granada.
Also known as the Bride’s Palace or the Newlywed’s Palace.
Also known as Santa Elena’s Castle, it was built to guard and protect an area of the Generalife where water is channelled.
The Crimson Towers, a primitive structure, was probably part of a series of watchtowers that at one time belonged to the first Citadel of the Alhambra
The Catalans’ Villa is located in the southeast, adjacent to the Alhambra Wood, also known as the Split Rock.
he Rodriguez-Acosta Foundation was created in 1941, thanks to the benefaction of the painter Jose Maria Rodriguez-Acosta..
On the other side of the Gate of the Pomegranates is the Alhambra wood, with a road and two side trails.
The Alhambra complex is a venue for the activities of a number of cultural associations.
In 1995, the 450 hectare Generalife Meadow (Dehesa del Generalife), which surrounds the Alhambra Historical and Artistic Monuments Complex, was declared a Municipal Park and designated as an officially protected natural area of Andalusia.
Sports facilities are located in the area that is often referred to as the The Partridge Flat (Llano de la Perdiz); they can also be found along the various trekking routes and in areas of archaeological interest, such as Cerro del Sol, Dar al-Arusa, Silla del Moro, Aljibe de la Lluvia, and Albercón del Negro. The municipal cemetery and morgue are also in the vicinity.